About AWP | RE
What is AWP | RE?
What is unique about AWP | RE’s approach to real estate investing?
Why choose to invest with AWP | RE over other real estate investment options?
Our long-standing relationships combined with our experience, paired with strategic industry alliances with successful, competent local RE management and development companies provides for an unparalleled ability to source, execute and capitalize on high-quality deals with efficiency. We present our investors with opportunities that would otherwise be out of the reach of an individual investor by removing the need for a large up-front investment.
We handle all of the burden that comes with RE investments and conduct extensive due diligence on all potential opportunities. All closings are contingent on AWP’s satisfaction with its due diligence investigation (including 3rd party reviews) prior to closing.
How can I join AWP | RE as an investor?
Why invest in real estate?
Some of the benefits of investing in real estate include:
- Opportunity for stable, consistent cash flow
- Hedge against inflation
- Low-interest leverage currently +/- 3%
- Leverage – tenants are paying down the mortgage
- Tax Benefits – Depreciation
- Additional upside potential upon sale
What assets does AWP | RE acquire?
The assets we focus on possess the following characteristics: Multi-family sector, Class “A” and “B+” asset type, located nationwide, size of ~200+ units, price range of $60-$150 Million, an equity requirement of $2-$5 Million OR Mixed-use Class “A” and “B+”, located primarily in the Southeast and Florida, price range of $60-150 Million, an equity requirement of $2-5 Million.
However, from time to time we will consider the acquisition of the following very select Unanchored Shopping Centers, STNL Retail, Office, Industrial and Hospitality assets:
- Highly visible urban street retail with stable tenants, a 10 to 30 year lease term and percentage sales clauses. Minor renovations or re-tenanting may be necessary.
We will also consider new development opportunities when our desired yields can be achieved utilizing similar strategies as those outlined herein.
What determines which assets will be acquired?
AWP RE L.L.C. will acquire assets where we can achieve these financial goals:
- a. Double the initial cost of the asset at the time of acquisition by repositioning and enhancing asset value within a 1-3 year time period and subsequently disposing of the asset for a substantial gain. Assets may be from the Multifamily, Office, Retail, Industrial or Hotel sectors and are typically distressed, under-performing, and undervalued assets, with strong fundamentals; or
- b. Return our invested capital in less than 5 years and distribute cash flow over a long term hold period with capital no longer at risk; or
- c. Generate 12%+ annual cash-on-cash returns within 3 years. Assets are typically between $60-150 Million in price and require between $2 – 5 Million in equity per transaction.
What information will investors have access to?
We provide complete transparency and allow for daily monitoring of all operating accounts and access to our online data storage room with updated leases, financials, and other property-level operating information. We provide out investors with access to all relevant information — from performance metrics, ownership percentages, distribution history, and key investment documents and everything in-between.
Who should invest?
Our investors typically meet most, if not all of the following traits:
- Have cash or marketable securities in excess of $1.5 Million
- Are comfortable deploying $50k to $5 Million per investment
- Are able and willing to review transactions and make an informed investment decision within 5 business days from the time an opportunity is presented.
- Are looking for long term cash flow to live off (retirement income) or wish to place asset ownership in trusts for the benefit of children or grandchildren.
- Are looking for a bond / fixed-income alternative in the low interest rate environment we are currently in.
- Are looking to grow their capital in real assets that offer a hedge over inflation, have a more predictable income stream – at higher rates than the current fixed-income environment and more controllable opportunity for growth as opposed to traditional stocks/bonds.
- Are interested in leveraging their existing portfolio of securities into real estate transactions without liquidating their holdings to substantially increase their overall returns (you can typically do this at a cost of 100-200 bps over 30-Day LIBOR which is around .11% as of 12/17/2022).
- Want to build a long term relationship with an operator they can count on and trust.
How will deals be structured?
Relationships are our foundation. We never put our interests before yours. Our compensation relies largely on the performance of the investments we undertake, with an incentive for us to maximize the value for you.
We utilize non-recourse debt with relationship-oriented lenders. Terms and rates vary by deal. LTVs typically range from 70-80% LTC.
Each transaction will typically be completed with an institutional joint venture equity partner and/or preferred equity partner providing a portion of the required equity for the transaction. The total equity typically required by AWP | RE for a transaction is between $2 Million and $5 Million Dollars. This equity will be typically raised from two to twenty investors.
Preferred returns to investors and promote structures will be determined on a deal by deal basis depending on the amount of effort required by AWP | RE given the underlying business plan for the real estate asset that is being developed or acquired.
How will AWP | RE be compensated?
AWP | RE and its principals receive no capital management fees or real estate brokerage commissions. AWP | RE receives 1% of the gross revenue the properties generate as an asset management fee. Any other compensation is tied to the performance of the underlying real estate asset that is acquired (only after investors have been paid first!).
How do I get started as an investor with AWP | RE?
When do I get access to opportunities?
How can I perform due diligence before investing?
Do I need to be an accredited investor to participate?
How do I know if I am an accredited investor?
According to the SEC, an accredited investor includes anyone who:
- Earned income that exceeded $200,000 (or $300,000 together with a spouse or spousal equivalent) in each of the prior two years, and reasonably expects the same for the current year,
- OR has a net worth over $1 million, either alone or together with a spouse or spousal equivalent (excluding the value of the person’s primary residence),
- OR holds in good standing a Series 7, 65 or 82 license.
Wealth & Asset Management
How does AWP | RE integrate traditional wealth management with RE investment?
What is the benefit of a comprehensive approach?
How much of the asset management does AWP | RE handle?
We do all of the heavy lifting:
- Source and identify assets
- Underwrite and discover hidden value
- Pursue, negotiate and win deals
- Develop asset business plans
- Negotiate purchase & sale agreements
- Conduct thorough due diligence
- Secure financing
- Close deals
- Manage assets
- Lease to new tenants and renew leases with existing tenants
- Perform & manage capital expenditure projects
- Execute asset business plans
- Dispose of assets
- Deliver investment returns